Friday, July 22, 2011

Recovery

Whew! What a relief for Jaydon to finally be cast free after 9 1/2 weeks! My back is happy too.
His recovery is going very well. He had a few bouts of pain/crying yesterday but today he hasn't cried about pain at all. He is one tuff little cookie as I've stated before and not much can hold him back.
He obviously isn't putting any pressure or weight on his leg yet, but it won't be long I can assure you :)

We are so excited for him that he will finally get to take a tub bath tomorrow and splash and play in the water as long as he wants. I must admit I'm quite happy about giving him a good ol' head to toe scrubbing too!

Right now he wears compressions socks on his leg to keep down any swelling. We will return to Shriners in two weeks (Aug 1) to let the doctor evaluate his leg and determine if it's ready to be molded for his prosthesis. We hope he'll be up and running on his new leg by the first of September.
Talk about a celebration!

Thank you again for your support and concern for our sweet little Jaydon!
Much love.
Jill for all

No comments:

Post a Comment