Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Getting Relief

Ps. 9:1 I will praise Thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvelous works.


Thank you so very much for your prayers for Jaydon today. God has truly blessed him and allowed his pain to ease and become more tolerable. He has also gotten some much needed sleep and rest b/c he's had a break from the intense pain. To God be the glory! The nurses are incredible and have a good system down now to prevent spikes in his pain levels. Thankfully he is now being weaned off of the morphine and just on an oral pain elixir.

Most of his pain is a result of all of the bone work they had to do. He had to have 3 different bones cut/moved and then 'stitched' back together with pins and rods. These will come out in 6 weeks when we return to Shriners.

There are several kids here with similar situations to Jaydons and some of them even worse. I know they would also appreciate any prayers said on their behalf.

Bob and I are starting to come back to life now after getting some fresh air, a wonderful lunch and a nice warm shower. There is a golf tournament here this week and some of the wives had a catered lunch sent over to the RM House. It was the perfect meal for our weary bodies : fresh salad, broccoli salad, pasta salad and baked chicken. The sweet southern tea didn't hurt either. We are just so grateful for this ministry.

As I close, I would like to share a verse with you that I just 'happened' to stumble across while Jaydon was resting.

Matthew 6:31-32 Therefore take no thought saying,"What shall we eat or what shall we drink or where shall we be clothed?.....for the heavenly father knoweth that ye have need of all these things."
We are totally humbled how God has taken care of us (and others here) by meeting our every single need (and then some!). Oh praise the name of the Lord!

God bless you all and thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers,
The Hinton Family

2 comments:

  1. You made me cry - how beautiful. Thanking God for both of you and your three wonderful boys. Sleep well tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the tears Pam. I'm so thankful for you too!

    ReplyDelete